The apple picking in the Ottawa area is upon us, here is a list of pick-your-own apple orchards around Ottawa, Canada.
List of Pick-Your-Own Apple Orchards near Ottawa
Log Cabin Orchard
- Where: 6121 Cabin Rd., Osgoode K0A 2W0
- Directions: Exit Hwy. 416 at Roger Stevens Drive and follow Regional Road 6. 20 minutes from west-end Ottawa
- Hours: Open daily from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Cost: Parking and all activities free. 1/8 bushel is $8. Fresh apple pies and apple crisp (which can be ordered in advance) are $10.
- Information: logcabinorchard.ca, 613-826-5081
- Extras: Petting zoo, wagon ride, Churros and photobooth
Mountain Apple Orchards
- Where: 10175 Clark Rd., Mountain K0E 1S0
- Directions: Exit Hwy. 416 at Hwy. 43. Turn right on Hwy. 22 and left on Bennet Road (which changes into Clark Road). Less than an hour from Ottawa.
- Hours: Open daily from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Cost: A 10 lb. basket is $16; 20 lbs. is $27. Cider donuts are $1. All activities and parking are free.
- Information: mountainorchards.ca, 613-989-5601
- Where: 1480 County Road 32, Crysler, ON K0A 1R0
- Directions: From the 417 East, take exit 88 and go through Embrun. Turn right on Ste Marie Street and drive nine kilometres. 1 hour from west-end Ottawa.
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cost: Apples are $2.75 per kilo. Parking is free. An unlimited activity pass is $13 or $44 for a family of 4.
- Information: CannamoreOrchard.com, 613-448-3633
- Where: 101 Herzberg Rd., Kanata K2K 2Y3
- Directions: Exit the Queensway at March Road and head north. Turn left at Herzberg Road. 10 minutes from downtown
- Hours: Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cost: $1.25 per pound (cash only)
- Information: pinewoodorchards.com
Orléans Fruit Farm
- Where: 1399 St. Joseph Blvd. K1C 7K9
- Directions: Head east on the Queensway towards Orléans. Exit at Montreal Road. Turn right on St-Joseph Blvd. Twenty minutes from the west-end.
- Hours: Saturdays and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cost: $1.25 per pound (same price for the past 4 years)
- Contact: orleansfruitfarm.ca, 613-830-1303
Recipes for Your Ottawa Area Apples
When you are all done exploring Apple Orchards Around Ottawa head home to try some tasty recipe ideas.
Apfelringe (Apple Ring)
- Deep Fryer
- Apple Corer
- 1/2 Kg All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Liter Milk
- 4 packs Vanilla Sugar (roughly 4 x 8g)
- 4 each Eggs
- 2 1/2 Kg Apple Slices
- Remove the core of the apple preserving the shape for cutting rings.
- Cut apples in rings
- Mix all ingredients together well in a bowl.
- Coat apple slices with mixture. Deep fry until golden brown, approx. 3 minutes.
- Remove from fryer, removing excess oil.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Serve hot.
Apple Cinnamon Loaf
- Loaf Pan
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar (Not Packed)
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2/3 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter (Softened)
- 2 each Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2-3 each Apples, Peeled
- Preheat oven to 350°F (approx. 177°C).
- Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat white sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until incorporated; add vanilla extract.
- Combine flour and baking powder together in another bowl.
- Fold creamed butter and sugar mixture into your flour/baking powder mix forming a smooth batter.
- Add milk into batter folding until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Then, add half the apples and half the brown sugar-cinnamon evenly in the mixture. Gently pat apples into the batter.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and add remaining brown sugar-cinnamon mix.
- Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using a spatula or spoon.
- Bake in your preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, 30-40 minutes. This recipe took 65 minutes in my oven.
Please share your thoughts in the comments or reach out on social media...We would love to hear from you.
Ottawa with Kids | Index
- Bonnechere Caves; Ontario’s Natural Underground Wonder
- A Visit to the Canadian Children’s Museum
- When to visit museums in Ottawa for free
- Guide to the Canadian Tulip Festival in Ottawa
- Afternoon Tea at Chateau Laurier
- Exploring Gatineau Park in the Fall
- Ottawa’s Best Splash Pads
- Best Coffee Shops in Ottawa
- How to Celebrate Christmas in Canada
- Ottawa with kids; The Ultimate Guide